“A hacker is viewing everything that you have put onto your site.” Sounds Scary Right?
Well, a WordPress user with the epic stock of WP Security Plugins doesn’t suit that. Yes, that’s a distinct case, if you don’t know which one will be the best for your site.
For that, after examining the most unsound web application attacks, we have found SQLi (SQL injections) the riskiest one. Don’t believe us, check out the numbers:
In 2019, 65.1% of total web attacks were SQL injections, which is two-third. And the shocking thing is it is quite rapid from 2 years back when it was 44%.
Now, you might have many questions in mind. If not, let us shift the focus.
Question 1. Do you need to add various security plugins or extensions to WP sites to ensure security from distinct attacks?
Question 2. How would you recognize the best for your site security?
Question 3. Which would be the best security plugins to prevent SQL Injection attacks?
Well, as WordPress security services experts our handpicked best 7 WordPress security plugins will answer all questions.
However, we advise you to read all properly to make a better selection.
Top Security Plugins: The Best of WordPress
With 700,000+ active installations, this WP security plugin is one of the best to use for website security. The basic version of this WP plugin is free, which can help you tackle common WP website threats.
However, after step-in in the free version, its paid version is the leading one to cover up your WP site. This means your site is fully secure from malicious attacks and brutal force.
- Clear your site without additional charge if it gets malware
- Help you block brutal forces and malware
- Make you conduct malware scanning
- Harden Wp security
- Track website activities for you including, last login, file changes, failed login attempts
- Reduce server load & boost site performance by blocking malicious traffic
- Protect site for WP Site from SQL injection, SSL, and more others
Cost- $299/year (Pro Version)
2. Wordfence Security
The Free Website security plugin offers a lot more for website vulnerability. Thus it works for threats assessment, malware scanner, exploit detection, and more. Also, scans automatically for common site threats, which can be a proper site scan anytime.
The plugin provides extra alerts for the site if the site suffers through any security issues. If we have to define Wordfence Security, then it is one of the Best Free WP Security Plugins.
- Free for site use
- Real-time monitoring of hacks visit & attacks with IP address and time of attack and spending
- Alert users on penetrated password attempts for immediate changes
Note: However, the security plugin runs on your server instead of cloud-based (before Loading WordPress) and makes it slower than Sucuri.
Cost- Free of cost
3. iTheme Security Pro
Popular backup plugin Backupbuddy’s builders are the force behind the security plugin. It is quite obvious to find the same clean platform with plenty of options. It includes security hardening, limited login attempts, file integrity check-up, 404 detections, etc.
As a default, it does not have any website firewalls and malware scanners. However, it can use the Sucuri’s scanner.
- The extra layer of security with 2FA (Two Factor Authentication)
- 404 detection to improve customer experience
- Powerful password enforcement for better security
- Scheduled WP backup
- Lock the suspicious IPs that scan for site vulnerabilities
- Alerts for any malicious recent file update via email
- Limited login attempts ability
Cost- $80/year (Starting Pro version)
Another all-in-one solution of WP is a duo of backup and security plugins. Jetpack is a popular plugin of WordPress with 5 million active installations. Whether you have a blog site or a WooCommerce site, it’s made for both of the platforms.
Also, the plugin helps to monitor the active log, so you can analyze what and who something broke your site. Want to know more about its features, roll down:
- Handle backup process from any point with its one-click restoration
- Ability to restore on both your desktop or mobile device
- Automatic daily backups
- Automate prevention from comment to spamming
- Email alerts while WP back down
- Automate marketing tools include site design features
- Other website plugins updates
Cost- $19.95/month (Security Daily Plan)
5. All in One WP Security and Firewall
Free WP security plugin does not have any premium version. We can say this plugin has some of those security precautions without paying high fees. However, it’s quite basic for features and not that user-friendly like others listed up.
- IP filtering to block particular location and people
- Malicious pattern scanning
- Lockdowns the login after failed login attempts
- Easy settings to lock or unlock individual users
- Password strengthening tool to generate a strong password
- Users account monitoring ability
- Allow you also manually blacklist certain IP addresses
Cost- Free of cost
With over 250,000 active installations around the globe, it is one of the intelligent malware scanning tools. And can analyse 100+ site signals, which means safe from unknown malware variants too, not only from known ones.
- Automate malware removal for quick site cleaning
- Easy installation thanks to 1-click malware scanning
- Centric and independent dashboard to manage multiple websites
- Login page safely such as 2FA and CAPTCHA protection
- All malware scanning & removal with no additional site load
- Inbuilt firewall for traffic monitoring
- Build-in website management for bulk performance update, user management, client reporting, white labeling and more
Cost- $99 to $599/year (Single to 20 sites)
7. Google Authenticator
Also known as WordPress two-factor authentication (2FA), the WP plugin currently active for 20,000+ users. Although, it’s making a good place in the list of free WordPress plugins. Also, it can secure your site with unauthorized access and configure for any TOTP (Time-based One Time Password) based authentication method.
- Simple and easy to use 2FA verified WP plugin
- For three user it’s forever free
- Language translation support
- Passwordless & login with mobile phone support
- Added IP blocking & brute force attack prevention
- Recovery code allowed in case of 2FA lockout
Note: The standard LITE and premium version of this plugin has stored more than this for you.
Cost- Free of cost
Endnote- Use only one plugin from the list, as multiple plugins can slow it down & lead to bugs.
WordPress Security Cover-Up!
Hope the top 7 list helps you choose the best security plugin for your WP site. We recommend you choose wisely for website security. Furthermore, other questions related to WP or its plugins comment below.