The most seasoned digital marketers sometimes have failed campaigns. As an experienced or fledgling Digital Marketer, you can make a few mistakes in or have gone through the mistakes of already running campaigns. This article will cover 8 of the most dangerous mistakes in digital marketing, related to optimizing conversions on media channels, social media, indicators, and how to fix or prevent.
The most seasoned digital marketers sometimes have failed campaigns. However, you can help ensure your next campaign doesn’t run into setbacks, by avoiding 9 mistakes in Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing Mistakes and It’s Fixes:
Mistake 1: Do not understand the customer
Most marketers are wrapped around growth engines in digital marketing (for example, how to advertise on Google Ads and optimize conversions). However, I do not realize the need to understand the customer
The customer portraits are drawn from the branding team and product marketing team will differ from the online customer behavior portraits. Let’s say you are marketing motorcycle products as shown below. The way that users search for keywords about the product will be very different for the same purpose of the action.
As a marketer, you need an expression that touches the client’s empathy. As much as possible, you should use different expressions at different times and with different customers. Approaching this way will give you their trust and make you outperform your competition.
The key point is to know the customer insights
- Approach the real world: Talk to customers and sales to discover what potential customers are interested in.
- Validate assumptions: Make use of the tools you already own. Examples include online reviews, reviews, and reviews to validate your customer assumptions. Make sure that this job is repeated continuously.
- Test to answer questions: Test messages with small groups of customers to verify the signs you recognize from them.
Mistake 2: Ignoring Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you are a marketer fighting on paid media, social media, or all the rest, SEO is essential to understand.
SEO is the standard reference framework in Digital marketing. You can apply rules and methods for getting high rankings in search engines to the overall optimization of Digital marketing. In short, SEO applies the following best practices:
User and market survey: What are customers searching online for, how do they use their search keywords, and what is their motive for using those words?
Build quality, valuable, and copyrighted content: This is content that search engines can scan. And they are the core ingredient to effective SEO. You can then track & measure the content that is engaging and valuable to your users.
Building a good user experience on a website: All factors that contribute to user experience also have a positive impact on overall marketing.
- Create interactive content
- Create a user-friendly interface for navigation
- Optimized across devices and browsers
- The funnel to convert visitors to the page.
- Ensure fast page load times
- Set up accurate measurement performance
- Know the basics of SEO, because you can apply best practices in SEO to Digital marketing
- Consult the agency or product development team to perform a technical website audit. The main items in the audit table should include site crawlability, correct canonical tagging, web page code installed vertically, and mobile compatibility.
- Create a free Google account and Bing Search Console to find insights about problems with your website (like malware reports)
- Get to know the website building team. They will carry out your suggestions. So you should build a good rapport with this team.
Read More: Top Ways to Rank 1 on Google
Mistake 3: Obsessed with Leading Positions
If you or your team is under pressure with the top position in the search results, then this job will require a lot of effort.
More than that, you will approach the decline point after a while, when you reach a certain threshold. Then it takes more budget, resources, and time to increase rankings even more. So you need to consider investing in a leading position?
Paid search channel Google offers 4 ad display positions. Depending on the category of business and the competitiveness of the keyword, keeping the first position will be quite expensive. More than that, is the conversion rate enough to decide the budget?
What is your ad quality score? Are the title, ad content, and landing page optimized well? If you improve the above factors you can use it cost-effectively to get high rankings
Analyze data, conversion rates, click-through rates, and cost per click to find growth points. Rather than just focusing on bidding.
Organic Search Ranking in organic search fluctuates based on location, search time, and more. But it’s not worth the pressure on these. Instead, pay attention to the keywords that are in the priority position and target the display position 3 or 5. And then continue to focus on the keyword list in the next priority position. Only by doing so will you be able to continuously increase and maintain rankings.
Look at the big picture. In the long run, a better approach is to have more keywords in the top search positions. Rather than focusing on a handful of keywords in the first position in a search engine.
- Use data to guide your strategy: Pay attention to indicators that measure performance and appropriate budget allocation.
- Focus on quality and relevance: Make sure that you’re offering the most personalized and relevant ad content to lower your bids
- Optimize metrics to measure performance: Not ad position, focus on the ultimate indicators of representing business value.
Also Know: The Advantages of SEO for Local Firms
Mistake 4: No Social Media Strategy
If you choose to develop your strategy on Social Media for no fee, fee, or anyone combination. It is important that you implement one of the above forms on your strategic proposal list.
A market survey conducted on SMBs. Social media is not only used to build brands but also support communication in the digital era
While Snapchat may not be suitable for your area of business. A long time ago, many businesses also claimed that Facebook was not effective for advertising. But now, Facebook is an advertising channel that brings revenue to many businesses. The truth is that Facebook is changing up to Google.
In Q1 2016, Facebook’s advertising revenue was approximately $ 5 million. This represents 12% of digital ad revenue worldwide and a 2% increase from the previous year. Compared to Facebook, Google accounts for about 31% of the worldwide advertising market, down 2% from the year before.
The thing to remember:
- Focus on quality, not quantity. However, when analyzing the sales cycle, the paid search advertising channel is 200% more profitable than social media channels. This is reasonable. Because users tend to narrow their focus on finding when close to closing the order. All of the above asserts that Social media is an important marketing channel because all activities take place on it.
- Also, don’t forget the advertising channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest … Mistakes can happen again if you just glance at the advertising revenue growth opportunities in these channels.
- Don’t underestimate the value of Social media. Prioritize Social media, and experiment with more than one online community, but can start with the small community
- Be patient because it takes time to gain followers, find niche communities, build your voice, and see the impact of your advertising.
Mistake 5: Apply the Same Strategy to Multiple Channels
Each social network is user-specific and expected results vary. Therefore, Digital marketing that goes well on one social network is unlikely to be good on the rest of the social networks. This refers to the style, images, call-to-action content, and the time of day when you send your message on that social network.
You should not use the same ad template for paid search advertising channels and Social media channels. In each channel, the target customer is still in the buying process and their brand and product friendliness will vary widely. So tailor your strategy to each channel.
Just a little alter can make a huge distinction. This ad template runs on the social network LinkedIn. It features a small font size that builds trust and fits well with LinkedIn ad sizes
In contrast, the graphic image of the ad below is chosen to match the specific ad content with the same layout and layout.
- Plan each channel separately to optimize metrics.
- Consider using elements of humor because they have a positive impact on some channels
- Learn from others, including competitors, to see what works and what doesn’t.
- Experiment with ways to find out how effective each channel is.
Know More: What is ASO and Why is it Important?
Mistake 6: Focusing on Inappropriate Metrics
Digital marketers can choose and combine a variety of metrics to measure effectiveness:
- Cost per conversion
- Spend-per 1000 impressions (CPM)
- The average value of 1 conversion
- Click-to-Impression Rate (CTR)
- Return of 1 ad (ROAS)
- Cost 1 click (CPC)
- Cost per opportunity
- Conversion rate vs. number of clicks
- Cost to pipeline
But you should not arbitrarily choose the above indicators to track. The responses from your marketing activities will vary widely based on customer characteristics and channel characteristics. So first, define the goals on each channel.
For example, you are focusing on acquiring customers via Google, re-engaging with customers via Facebook and Twitter, and converting into Email purchases. Regardless of your goals, you should apply the right metrics. Because then you can comment on the real effectiveness of the campaign.
Find out at the earliest possible metrics that don’t match your goals. That is, they do not speak to the effectiveness of the campaign.
The response from your marketing activities will vary based on customer characteristics and channel characteristics.
- Apply metrics to your goals properly on each channel.
- Defining thresholds for costs on actions rather than indicators that are not actually helping you towards the results you expect.
- Performance evaluation final measurement
- Optimized to increase quality instead of quantity
Mistake 7: The Test is Not Correct
Many marketers think experimentation is a luxury. But this is essential for success. It is your way to optimize your ad campaign to make sure you don’t time in the dark.
Test 1 factor in 1 time
When testing, you often choose many of the following factors:
- Action button
- Time of day
- Day of the week
- Ad content
- Landing Page
- Color Tone
Don’t test more than one factor at a time. Because you will not know how to improve for each factor and their rate of decrease. You will think you are sluggishly testing only one factor in turn. But this is a good approach to optimizing the factors.
Make sure the test is effective
Start with an amount of data to shape your hypothesis. For example, a large number of users come across the purchase page on your website and you want to know that another page would be better off adding your customer’s logo. During your hypothetical speech, you will also define goals such as increased clicks or conversion rates.
At the time of testing, it is generally a good idea to test each element with large amounts of user data. If you are not getting a large amount of data, then experiment for a long time to gather enough data to make a decision.
Sample size based on experience: Test at least 1,000 users on the site
Gather enough test data: It’s never been good to make decisions on small amounts of data
- Do the test because this is important for optimization.
- Start with a hypothesis – don’t just experiment because this is an inner step
- Test with only 1 factor at a time to get results
- Gather enough data to see what it means.
Mistake 8: Go Slowly with Innovation
Digital marketing changes almost every day, with trends, technologies, platforms, and changes in Google’s algorithm as well as new tools preparing to hit the market.
The last thing you want is to be admired by something new. But instead, proactively learn about them in advance, make predictions, and develop strategies to benefit from these innovations.
One example is the growing importance of mobile user experience. If you can deliver a good experience on this device, you won’t be left behind when Google puts this important factor in evaluating a website. This is around testing and observing what is helping and influencing Google rankings. Take advantage of these changes to strategize.
Brands have influence-
- Moz blog
- Ahrefs Blog
- Reputable publisher
- Search Engine Journal
- The Next Web
- Social Media Examiner
- Create a to-read list that covers books and blogs in different areas of Marketing
- Set up instant notifications about keywords and topics that interest you.
- Take time to read each morning.
- Form a group to share knowledge so that everyone will share benefits with each other.
Digital Marketer or Social Media Marketer making mistakes is inherently likely to happen to humans. But the important thing here is when not knowing what your mistake is? That is the biggest mistake.
The above sharing will help you overcome the storms in Digital marketing and prepare your inventory for optimal success campaigns.