In recent times, dedicated website developers in India are in demand because of the increased requirements of automation, custom development, and website or web app development. This has changed the way businesses work and look forward to online traffic and managing their global and online business.
The lock-down has changed all this seamlessly, wherein we have seen businesses moving online, selling their product and services, and consumers using websites and web or mobile apps for purchasing. In this article, we will discuss what is the average salary of Web developers in India and how it has increased during the past few years.
What is Web Development?
Web development can be divided into two main roles;
- Frontend: Coding the UI like the search bar, drop-down menus, and forms. The front-end development languages and frameworks like NextJS, ReactJS, VueJS are mostly in demand for modern web development in India.
- Backend: handles the information management and business logic that power the app behind the scenes. If you take an example of a web app, you may need a CMS to do the needful, like that of using headless WordPress themes for the backend.
Sometimes you get a specialized developer like a front-end developer and sometimes someone to do both front and backend development. However, you can’t always expect a headless WordPress developer to code in NextJS for frontend development.
Also Find a List of: Top Drupal Web Development Companies
How do You Define Your Website Development Requirement?
Your job post is your likelihood to explain your project scope, budget, and talent wants. Although you don’t need a full description as you’d once hiring an associate worker, aim to produce enough detail for a contractor to grasp if they’re the proper fit for the project.
Create an easy title that describes precisely what you’re searching for. The concept is to focus on the keywords that your ideal candidate is probably going to search in employment to seek out the project.
Here are some examples of web development job post titles:
- Web developer required for a headless WordPress website
- Need a web developer knowledgeable with Jamstack, microservices, and decoupled web development
- Seeking a web developer to make a PWA with NextJS
An effective web development job post include:
- Scope of work: From front-end options like NextJS, ReactJS to API gateways like using GrapgQL APIs, list all the deliverables you would like.
- Project length: Your job post indicates whether or not this can be a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you like expertise with sure industries, web technologies, or developer tools, like headless WordPress SaaS website development.
- Budget: define a budget and provide your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
- Job responsibilities: Web developers job responsibilities like specifying the Design and development of web applications or websites or PWA, Working with designers to show website effectively, Writing documented code, Handling website maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
- Qualifications: Web developer job qualifications.
Be sure to incorporate any necessities and qualifications you’re searching for as a web developer. Here are some more examples:
- Back-end frameworks like PHP, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, and/or ASP.NET
- Content management systems (CMS) like WordPress or headless WordPress, Joomla.
- Basic UI/UX style ideas
Hourly or Monthly Salary of Web Developers in India
You will have two options depending upon your needs, if you are looking for a temporary or project-based settlement, you can choose hourly rates or project-based salaries for website developers in India. However, if you need a permanent in-house team you can hire on a monthly salary for web developers in India.
If you need a custom website developed for your business, you may not be needing employment on a monthly basis, project-based or hourly rates would be enough. Choosing a NextJS headless WordPress website is a one-time requirement especially with pre-build headless WordPress templates by Stackground.
If you are looking for a dedicated web developer for your company and have an ongoing web application, you can make him a part of the tech team by hiring and offering a monthly salary.
Web Developers Salary in India
Are you still wondering what is the salary of web developers in India nowadays? If you have got an existing application or are looking to migrate code to a brand new platform, chances are high that you already grasp what technology is in your stack and what you would like. If you’re starting from scratch, you would possibly have to do some analysis into why one platform is better than another looking at your project.
Although it depends upon:
- Project scope
- Stack required
- Choosing an agency or freelancer
- Platform or custom
Senior Web Developers’ Salary in India
The average salary for a Senior Web Developer in India is ₹672,983. Senior website developers in India can be found in a variety of industries, together with prescribed data technology (IT). Most employers, like candidates through agencies, have a minimum of a master’s degree in technology, though some could permit expertise to make amends for formal education. Most employers conjointly like candidates with a minimum of four years of experience in web development for a certain framework or stack or even a software package.
- An early career Senior internet Developer with 1-4 years of experience earns a mean total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹481,516 supported 202 salaries.
- A mid-career Senior web Developer with 5-9 years of expertise earns a mean total compensation of ₹815,376 supported 276 salaries.
- Senior web Developer with 10-19 years of expertise earns a mean total compensation of ₹1,249,301 supported fifty-five salaries.
Web Developer Salary in India for Freshers
In India, a web developer’s salary for a fresher is approximately a minimum of ₹125,000. The freshers in India can get hired as paid internees and they may get a good stipend for a web development job. They are required to perform the following;
- Test and document code for web apps or websites.
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Write, modify, and correct code for websites or web apps.
- Write code to get websites, access databases, and business logic servers.
How do You Find Web Developers in India?
You can choose any platform like Upwork, indeed, payperhour, fiver, or other such platforms to find a web developer in India online if you need on a temporary basis. For a permanent position for tech companies or in-house custom development teams, you can publish ads or post a job on your website and conduct interviews.
However, the following steps can be followed:
Step 1. Write a project description. You’ll need to see your scope of work and therefore the skills and necessities you’re searching for in an exceeding web developer.
Step 2. Post it. Once you’ve written a project description, post it on a platform or website. merely follow the prompts to assist you to input the knowledge you collected to scope out your project.
Step 3. Shortlist and interview web developers. Once the proposals begin returning in, produce a range of the professionals you wish to interview.
However, your project description and job requirement are where you verify your scope of work and therefore the specific form of web developer you would like to complete your project.
Modern Stack Website Developers in India
India has flourished and polished its technical skills, you will find several companies successfully doing business around the globe and exceeding the developed countries. Even in the US, there are several Indians in key positions.
This has made India proud. Modern stack web development includes;
- Jamstack Web Development
- Headless WordPress Development
- NextJS and ReactJS Development
You will not only find some good agencies working in these development architectures but also some platforms like Stackground who are providing modern headless WordPress development services by providing pre-build headless WordPress website templates that provide several benefits to the business like speed, security, scalability, SEO performance, PWA, etc,
Know More: How to Hire Online Remote Developers
Conclusion: Hire a Web Developer in India
The difference is also in the region in India, if you look at the Senior Web Developers salary in Bangalore, Karnataka in a certain role it would be almost an average of 45.8% higher than the pan India national average.
The job titles like front-end, back-end, or full-stack web developers also get an average salary in Pune, Maharashtra 29.9% more and Hyderabad higher, Andhra Pradesh 24.8% higher. The lowest salary of web developers in India can be found in Ahmedabad, Gujarat almost 26.7% less, and Mumbai, Maharashtra 6% less.
With these varieties of web developers’ salaries in India, you can analyze where you can find a well-experienced web developer who has a lesser average salary and where the web developers get more exposure due to more ongoing projects. The average web developer salary also ranges from which region he has been working in, in Gurgaon the salary may be higher because of the IT hub in the region and more tech companies working and startups available there. Although this has increased during the last couple of years because of increased automation of businesses during the pandemic and lockdowns that affected consumer behavior and ultimately increased the business shift towards automation.